Friday, January 27, 2012

Adam and Eve with Pretzels

Oh...how I love playing with food!  This morning we created serpents (we called them snakes) out of pretzels. 
You can find Adam and Eve in the first book of the Bible, Genesis 2-4.  My simplified version for my 3 year old was that God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit on the tree.  They didn't listen to God and ate the fruit anyway.  They felt very bad and God punished them.  But God forgave them just like he forgives us.  God will always love you.

We first reviewed the story out of our Toddler Bible by Gwen Ellis, illustrations by Steve Smallman.  http://www.amazon.com/Share-Toddler-Bible We have read it so much my daughter has it memorized.


Then we created the pretzels.  My son has a gluten-intolerance and my husband has Celiac so my pretzel recipe is gluten-free.  It is from Gluten Free on a Shoestring cookbook.  Love the book and author Nicole Hunn.  http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/ My son ate the dough (I know, I know...but at least it entertained him) while my daughter and I created the snakes.  This was our finished product.
Of course, we had to make other shapes as well:)




No comments:

Post a Comment