Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Seek Picture

1 Chronicles 28:9 "...If you seek him, you will find him..." Yes, the verse is longer, but this is how much my little disciples can understand:)

I started the lesson by showing my little disciples this verse in my Bible. They love looking at my Bible! What does "seek" mean? I simply said it is trying to find something or someone. How do we seek God? By being active in church, volunteering and giving to others, reading the Bible, praying...Every day we seek God by our actions and thoughts. God knows everything about us and still loves us. It was a fun discussion!

Now to practice "seeking" things!

I Seek (Spy) Picture  I call it seek because of the Bible verse.

I recommend making your own I Seek Pictures because they will love seeing their own toys and items they have at home on their own game. It's simple! (Of course, feel free to use mine. The links are below)
1. Gather small items around your house.
2. Take a picture of it.
3. Print it on "picture printing paper." Mine is 8x10. (Regular paper works fine, but uses more computer ink)
4. Put the picture in a sheet protector.
5. Play I Seek (read below).

Say, "I seek a ____." Then your child will circle it with a Vis-a-Vis marker. When the game is finished, erase with a wet paper towel and reuse. Other questioning examples are "what do you use for ___" or "I cut paper. What am I?" Get creative! Take turns with your kids so they can be the one to ask the questions. Great vocabulary skills!

I took 2 different pictures of each set. This way my kids can do it together. Sharing is difficult at my house:) Keep reminding your little disciples, "If you seek it, you will find it. If you seek God, you will find Him."

I Seek God
click here to print
click here to print
 I Seek Art
click here to print
click here to print
 I Seek Kitchen
click here to print
click here to print

I Seek Food (Hey now. Don't judge me on what we eat...ha!)
click here to print
click here to print

 I Seek Bathroom (oops, forgot to take 2 different pictures)
click here to print











In Action!! Oh, how they love Vis-a-Vis markers!


2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for joining in with the Kids Co-op and thank you for putting together the printable for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great devotional time for kids! I love how intentional you are about teaching you kids about God's word. Thank you for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell, I hope you'll be back this week.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete