Thursday, May 24, 2012

Messy Party

I hosted a messy party last summer. Since I didn't have a blog then, I never posted pictures from it. All the kids AND adults had a blast! Enjoy!

We invited kids from the neighborhood. The ages of kids ranged from 1 to 6. It was nice to have a variety because the younger ones were afraid to get messy until they saw the older kids doing it.

I am a very simple person and I keep everything as easy as possible. Simple invitations and no decorations (kids don't notice anyways).

Finger painted invites.

Shaving Cream Table








Sand Table


Painting with Pudding
I prepared small Dixie cups of chocolate pudding for each child.

String with clothespins to dry.

Sprinklers



Mini Pools
The pool water got messy fast!


Goo Table

Recipe on www.makeandtakes.com, I left out the food coloring.

Strawberries with Chocolate Syrup
I also served popsicles!



By the end of the evening, the kids got created and mixed the sand, goo, and shaving cream all together. It was so fun to see their imagination at work! 
For a party favor, you can give each child a bar of soap before they leave.
Happy Summer! 
  
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow what's your address and are you having another this year - looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you from playtime, love this idea of a messy party. Looks like so much fun. thanks for sharing. Jaime@ frogs and snails and puppy dog tails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - this looks like it was such fun!
    Cathy ~ The kids Co-op

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaylee, Thanks again for posting on Saturday Show and Tell. This activity would also fit into my summer activities list for Toddlers (http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/summer-activities-for-toddlers/). Check it out and feel free to post any other activities that would fit. I love the messiness!
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that looks like so much fun! I can see a whole bunch of adults having a ball with it, too. Therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete