Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 7 - God Rested

Genesis 2: 1-4 So the creation of the heavens and the earth and everything in them was completed. On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation. This is the account of the creation of the heavens and the earth.
My 3-year-old loves "reading" my Bible.
We have finally completed Day 1-7 of the Story of Creation! I can honestly say, my oldest remembers the order better than me. Go here to get the printout and click on Day 1 to learn how I created the clothespin line.
God rested on the 7th day. Today we made a doll to rest with God.
Self Portrait Doll
Supplies:
fabric
fabric markers
cardboard (prevent the markers from bleeding through the fabric)
scissors
sewing machine or you could hand sew it
pillow stuffing
Draw a self-portrait on the fabric. (I drew my 2-year-old's for him)
Drawing her own self-portrait.
It was hard for me not to tell my oldest how to draw herself. But glad I didn't help her because this is truly her own illustration of what she thinks she looks like.
When they are finished with the picture, cut around it leaving space for sewing.
Finished drawing.
Trace a cut another piece of fabric for the back of the doll.


Sew the 2 pieces of fabric together like a pillow, leaving a hole to stuff. 
Stuff the pillow with pillow stuffing, then sew the hole together.
Write your child's age and name on back for a keepsake.
I can't express enough how much they love their new doll!

I did this last year with my nieces.  It's fun to see the age difference with their details of drawings.  
Notice their hands, eyes, and legs.  I am hoping I do this every year!
"Napping" with their doll.
Seven Days of Creation song from dltk-bible.com 

Tune of "Are You Sleeping Brother John"

Then God rested. Then God rested.
From His work. From His work.
That was on the seventh day. That was on the seventh day.
All was good. All was good.


Snack idea- marshmallows as pillows

Other Creation Days
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

4 comments:

  1. I have loved your series on Creation! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ticia. It took me longer than I thought, but it was definitely worth while!

      Delete
  2. The creation ideas are really good. I have loved looking through this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful idea! I will have to have JDaniel draw me a self portrait!

    Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn

    ReplyDelete