Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 5 - Fish and Birds

I read aloud Day 5's scripture verse:
Genesis 1:20-23 Then God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind." So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird-each producing offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply of the earth." And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day.

We put up our Day 5 clothespin picture, if you want to see the details on how I made it, go to Day 1.

Now the fun part...making bird feeders!  We went to the grocery store to find fruit and vegetables that we could clean out to fill with bird seed.  We bought a green pepper, orange, apple, pear, and a cantaloupe.

We had great teamwork todayI cleaned out the fruit, my husband put the holes in, and my little disciples snacked on each one:)
The green pepper and cantaloupe with twine tied to it.
The pear, orange, and apple with twine.

We filled each fruit with spoonfuls of bird seed.
Glad we did this outside, definitely messy.


We hung all of them on our front tree by our living room window.
cantaloupe

cantaloupe and green pepper

apple
orange and apple
pear
My 2 year-old disciple decided to sing today's songHe is definitely getting the hang of this:)
Seven Days of Creation Song from dltk-bible.com
Tune of ("Are You Sleeping Brother John")

God created. God created.
Birds and Fish. Birds and Fish.
That was on the fifth day. That was on the fifth day.
It was good. It was good.

More Creation Ideas
coloring worksheets
Creation Poem
Snack- goldfish crackers

Other days of creation:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 6
Day 7

12 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! I love your series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Kaylee you have some great ideas on here! I too am a mom on a mission to raise disciples of my sons. I would love to invite you to share on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes. My readers would LOVE your ideas also! :)
    Happy Mother's Day weekend! :)
    Mackenzie
    Http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I'd love it if you'd link up at my Teaching Time for Toddlers party. It's open all week!

    Feel free to link anything else that is relevant that you'd like to share!

    http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaching-time-for-toddlers-montessori.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!!! These are great projects to do with kids. Thanks for sharing with Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll share with us this week.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been featured on this week's Saturday Show & Tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, I hope you will come and share it on my first link party " Summer Bucket List Ideas" http://www.missinformationblog.com/2012/05/summer-bucket-list.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. Just linked it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks and I just featured it on my facebook page, feel free to grab a feature button from the blog if you wish!

      Delete
  7. Hi There, Just sort of discovering your blog although I think I have stumbled across it before. I LOVE these bird feeders. We may have to try this! They look fantastic. Would love to have you follow along with us too :) Looking forward to exploring your blog further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have seen your blog as well...love it!

      Delete