Tuesday, June 26, 2012

God Bless America!


2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I LOVE this verse. By trusting Christ we are loved, accepted, forgiven, and freed to live for Him.


American Stained Glass Cross (very similar to our Easter Cross)
1. Lay out Saran Wrap and draw a cross with marker.
2. Glue directly on the Saran Wrap with stick glue.



3. Tear tissue paper and place on glue (much easier than trying to glue the tissue paper)
4. Glue all over tissue paper to make sure it sticks well.
5. Sprinkle little stars on the glue (I used confetti).

This was perfect for my 3 year old. Glad my 2 year old was still taking a nap:)

Cut around the cross to tape on the window!
Beautiful window decoration in our living room window!
American Paper Cross
This was the one I made for them to copy.
Strips are 1/2" x 2" and the smaller pieces for the sides are 1/2" x 1 1/2" Only do this with a paper cutter:)
1. Use a glue stick and spread all over the 1/2 sheet of paper.
2. Place the strips down on paper.

3. Keep placing the strips like my example.
4. Spread glue on top of the blue to sprinkle star confetti.

We will be finding stars around the house for days!

5. Cut out the cross and glue on a black paper.
My daughter wanted to tape her stars down to make sure they stayed on.
I was really impressed on how well they did! 

American T-Shirt Cross
I loved this design so much I decided to make my little disciples their own t-shirt! I bought 3/8" red/white striped ribbon and 3/8" blue with white polka dot ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I used 3/8" Heat n Bond, just follow the directions on the back. Very simple.




2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!





 




4 comments:

  1. Could you tell me how long you cut your strips of ribbon? Cutest diy Fourth of July shirt I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have a link party going on if you'd like to add it: http://printabelle.com/?p=5342 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Thank you for sharing with us on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll join us again this week!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I have developed a spiritual wellness ministry and have shared these projects through it. My theme for summer is "freedom" and these provide a great combination of God and country. Thank you!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete