Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easter Countdown with Offering

Tithe - giving 10% of your earnings to the church

 Malachi 3:10 "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.  If you do", says the Lord of Heaven's Armies, "I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Try it!  Put me to the test!"

What an amazing scripture.  Thank you God for your amazing blessing.  

Now, how to teach my little disciples....first, I created an Easter Garland.
 

I bought 50 eggs at the store with tiny holes on each side (most of them have the holes so it was easy to find).  Threaded all of the eggs through the hole then numbered the eggs from 50 to 1 with a permanent marker.

I then placed money inside each egg.  Every day my little disciples will open up one egg, then put the money in our Tithe container.

On Easter Sunday, we will give the money to our church offering.  I am thinking this is going to be our Easter tradition.

9 comments:

  1. Love this! Fixing to start Easter projects so I think I'll do a 14 day countdown!! My kids are older so I'm finding ideas harder to come by but I think they'll enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! It is definitely going to be one of our Easter traditions.

      Delete
  2. Great idea for recycling all those plastic eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so colourful too -
    I'd love it if you'd link this post to the Rainbow Connection... :)

    Just pinned to do with my kids next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good idea! I'll have to check if some of my eggs have the tiny holes - we have tons of eggs saved so I avoid buying new ones each year!!!

    ReplyDelete