Thursday, February 9, 2012

Modeling Prayer

How do I teach my little disciples to pray?  Model, model, model!
  • Keep it simple and short
  • Pray as a whole family- we say a memorized prayer every night
  • Pray anytime, anywhere- I pray out loud so the little disciples can hear me, I pray while washing dishes, driving in the car, watching the news, putting my son in the car seat (yes, I easily lose my patience with that)...  
Once I saw the Prayer Pail on pinterest, I have been anxious to make one.  The plan is to have everyone pick one stick and pray for that person.



Luke 11: 1-13 Discusses how Jesus teaches his disciples about prayer.  Verse 9 and 10 say, "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.  Keep on seeking, and you will find.  Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."


No comments:

Post a Comment