Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dress Up Dresser

Since my husband and I have found out that we are expecting our 3rd little disciple in August, we have been in the organizing mood.  My daughter loves to dress up and my son loves to wear hats.  Therefore, we have a lot of play clothes and no place to put them.  After searching stores and the internet for ideas, my husband got crafty.  I cannot take any credit for this.  I am so blessed to have a hard working husband.

Here's what he bought to make it:
  • 3 - 24"x48" particle board (base and sides)
  • 1 - 12"x10 ft. pine (to box in the base)
  • 1 - 6 ft. dowel rod
My husband originally made the box with these dimensions, but it seemed too big.  So he cut the base to 3 ft and the tall sides to 3 1/2 ft.  He then rounded the sides with a jigsaw.  
A dress up area isn't complete without a mirror:)
I would like to paint a picture or saying on the front.  Not sure what to put...any ideas?






3 comments:

  1. "God saw beauty in what he created"-Genesis 1:31
    "Inner beauty is what God seeks"-Matthew 23:27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! That would be perfect to write on the dresser. THANK YOU!

      Delete